Ocala Motorcycle Accident Lawyer

Man biker on the road.

Motorcycles are a lot of fun to ride, especially in the beautiful weather we enjoy in Ocala. However, they are extremely dangerous as well.  Over 75% of reported motorcycle crashes result in serious injury. On the other hand, only 25% of automobile accidents result in serious injury.

If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, get in touch with a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. For 30 years Pam Olsen Law has successfully handled many cases involving motorcycle crashes.

How Are Motorcycle Accidents Caused?

Some motorcycle accidents are caused by inexperience. It takes practice to get proficient at any skill, and accidents can happen with novice operators at the controls. However most motorbike accidents are caused by:

  • Other car/truck drivers
    • Texting
    • Making unsafe U-turns
    • Driving drowsy
    • Being distracted
    • Making unsafe lane changes
    • Crowding the motorcyclist
    • Driving aggressively
    • Violating traffic laws
  • Vehicle defects
  • Poorly maintained road surfaces

Common Kinds of Motorcycle Crash Injuries

These are the types of injuries suffered by past motorcycle accident clients:

  • Brain injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Neck injuries
  • Chest injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Loss of limbs
  • Paralysis
  • Burns 
  • Road rash
  • Soft tissue damage
  • Internal organ damage
  • Death

What Damages Can Be Claimed in Motorcycle Accidents

Insurance company representatives usually race in with a settlement offer for you after a motorcycle accident. It’s understandable because they have a job to do. They’re tasked with allowing company profits from being depleted as little as possible. So, while you are physically, mentally, and emotionally damaged, and they are clear headed, it’s not a fair negotiation. Reach out and tag Pam, she will realign the playing field in your favor. She can help you collect compensation for damages like: 

  • Medical costs including
    • Bills you’ve already received
    • Doctor forecasted medical expenses
    • Hospitalization
    • Physical therapy
    • Pharmacy costs
    • Expenses related to refitting your house because of disability
  • Income lost so far
  • Diminished earning ability from your injury
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional trauma
  • Mental health rehabilitation costs
  • Decreased quality of life
  • Property damage
  • Diminished or lost consortium (companionship)

Pam will find and use:

  • Camera footage
  • Testimony from those who witnessed the accident
  • Police records
  • Medical opinions

and all other kinds of evidence to create a complete, formidable, and fair compensation claim for you. 

What About If My Loved One Died in the Accident?

Heartbreakingly, motorcycle accidents too often result in death. As the survivor Pam will help you to build a winning and full compensation claim for these kinds of damages:

  • Medical costs accrued up until the time of death
  • Funeral costs
  • Burial/cremation costs
  • Loss of financial support
  • Full loss of consortium
  • Loss of parental guidance
  • Pain and suffering

Sorrow felt when someone dies confirms how much you loved that person. If he or she was also the primary income earner for your family, your grief is additionally burdened with money worries. It makes such a difference when someone caring and competent like Pam Olsen is on your side, fighting and recovering financially as much as possible for you from the devastation. 

How Much Time Do I Have to Make a Legal Claim?

Naturally, the sooner the better. In Florida you have up to 4 years from the date of the accident to file in the case of a motorcycle accident with injuries. If the accident was fatal, you have 2 years to file for wrongful death. You can count the day you first meet with Pam to talk about your case. 

How Can I Connect with Pam Olsen?

If you are ready to discuss the motorcycle accident, call Pam today at (352) 671-9777. Or if you prefer, you can complete this simple contact form and she will be in touch right away.