When you go to the drug store to get your prescription filled you get expect to get it filled with the medicine you were prescribed.
However, that is not always the case.
Studies have shown that close to 15% of all medical prescriptions filled are filled in error.
This can be extremely dangerous; you are not only not taking medicine for your current illness but now you are taking medicine for an illness you don’t have.
This can cause further illness, organ damage and even potential death.
Pharmacy mistakes can happen for a variety of reasons including, but not limited to:
- You have a similar name to someone else getting their prescription filled and you mistakenly get the wrong one
- Your medical provider may have not listed all of your drug allergies or the pharmacist may have simply overlooked them
- The doctor may not be taking into consideration other prescriptions you are already taking
- The doctor may be unfamiliar with the drug in which he is prescribing
- The doctors handwriting may be so sloppy that it is ineligible and could result in the wrong prescription being filled
- If your doctor forgets to adjust the dosage of your prescription. As your condition changes, so should the dosage.
We put our trust in medical professionals to give us the right prescription and when that doesn’t happen we urge you to contact an Ocala, Florida, pharmacy error lawyer at Olsen Law Firm, P.A.
Pam Olsen is an advocate for the rights of her clients and will work to build a strong defense for your case. She will fight to ensure that you receive compensation for your pharmacy error case.